Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 28: A Day Of Thanks

It seems this week that I have completely fallen off track with my 30 day blogging. But it seemed to me that my time would be better served cooking, sewing and cuddling my boy on this oh so special Thanksgiving.

In fact he helped me cook and sew...and told me that he was by far, better at than I was. I guess this is what
happens when one ring makes you instantly domesticated? I didn't realize that such a small item could so drastically change ones outlook on everything. And had the power to domesticate the man! Maybe I should just count my blessings and accept that this may be one of those insanely rare turn of events. Don't think I am ever going to have to worry about trying to foolishly change my boy.

We trudged next door to one of my neighbors and had a short visit before heading to town and co-hosting Thanksgiving dinner with friends of mine from school. How do you co-host Thanksgiving you might ask? You split up the food making duties that's how! I can only classify it as co-hosting because there were 3 fellow students that enjoyed Turkey Day with us. One from India and 2 from China...needless to say they were surprised at how much we ate, what foods we had cooked, and we didn't do a very good job of explaining why Thanksgiving is so important to Americans.

I guess it is one of those things that is bred into us, like the color of our eyes, the dimples in our cheeks, and the instinctive love of the country we are so very lucky to live in.

So on that day of Thanks, I was so very grateful to have family that I love (even though I was far away from them), a brand-new fiance, and wonderful friends to spend the day with.

My list of thanks is probably a mile long...but friends and family will always be the most important. And what Turkey Day is truly about.

No comments:

Post a Comment