Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 23: Humor Needed, Sanity Optional

Once upon a time there was a not-so-fair maiden waiting for her handsome prince to arrive. He would bring with him great tidings of joy and wonder.

Wait a second. Probably shouldn't mix fairy tales and Christmas stories. Next thing I know I will be dreaming of killer reindeer, monster dogs and Peeta Mellark. I can only imagine how that would turn out....especially dreaming about Peeta. He is after all the best character to dream about. I asked the boy if I could name a kid Peeta. He rolled his eyes and told me only if he could name a kid Bubba. Nevermind...not making that bargain!

In case you couldn't tell, I was graced with the presence of my boy today (and for the next 8 days!!). Since we only see each other every couple of months this is quite the treat. Or nightmare. I haven't decided which yet. Especially since he loooooves to drive me crazy. And by crazy I mean INSANE. On purpose. 

Which ends up with us bickering. A lot. In fact we were told to start a comedy show. If people enjoy watching large men being punched by small women then we would make a killing. If you don't enjoy bickering and violence...well you are out of luck on this deal! 

If you want some humor to end this day..the boy is only 23, yet showed up today looking like an 80 year old man, bent and shuffling. When you are 6'5", bent in half, and barely walking I'd say a chiropractor is in dire need...but what do I know? To make matters even better, he's turning grey! 


Visitors are always welcome at my house but you need a large dose of humor. Luckily sanity is only optional. 

Happy Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment