Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2: Time To Soak In The World

It was a dark and gloomy sunrise this morning here in central Kentucky. The sun was just coming up as I was leaving Lexington after feeding pigs.

As the weather turns colder and the time changes (don’t forget that’s tonight!) I find myself reminiscing more often than not.

As I was walked to my pickup, the motion of a squirrel caught my eye and I watched him for a few minutes. I realized that I haven’t been taking enough time to survey the world around me and spend some quality time just letting my thoughts roam.

I think we are all guilty of that aren’t we?

I used to spend a lot of time just staring at the world around me. It has always brought me great peace.

 
This picture looks familiar right?! Sorry to overload you, I just love it. 

Sitting on our front porch in my great-grandmothers rocking chair and watching the world go by will always be a favorite past-time when I go home.








This is the view I saw every morning for 4 years. One I spent many a snowy night sitting on the porch just staring at. And reveling in the expanse of that crystal clear starry Western sky.



 I spent every weekend soaking in the glory of the mountains. Watching the sun go down, wrapped in a blanket.



The view off my current front porch just doesn’t measure up does it? Plus I have very nosy and meddling neighbors…which is quite a change after the past 23 years of emptiness. Don’t get me wrong, having neighbors isn’t a bad thing. It’s just not my ideal. Especially since I can’t walk outside in my underwear anymore. Depressing! ;)

I have come to understand how those who work in offices all day may not necessarily want to go home and work outside. Especially since I have found myself going to school then coming home and plopping down in the house! That has got to change!

So I will be thankful for the many blessings I have been given and will take some time each day to soak in the world around me.  


The world might be a better place if we all soaked in a few minutes of the peace of nature every day don’t ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment