Monday, May 26, 2014

Round the World Part Two

At MSP, there was a lounge where every seat had a tablet! Crazy!
The best thing about being a graduate student on the downhill slide to done is the freedom to disappear frequently.

This last semester of grad school has been nothing but crazy. But who wants boring? Not me!

I ended up having a job interview in Nebraska that I needed to go to. Well if I’m heading to Nebraska then I definitely want to see some friends in Wyoming!

This trip:
Saturday-Fly into Denver, rent car, drive to Laramie, stay with friend
Sunday-Drive to Nebraska, spend the night
Monday-Interview in the morning, drive back to Laramie, hang out with friends
Tuesday-Visit with people I haven’t seen since I left Laramie, drive to Denver for dinner
Wednesday morning-Fly out of Denver

The ultimate best part of the trip? Seeing people I have missed dearly and a few that I didn’t think I would ever see again.


There were tears and laughter and general craziness.

I also officially realized that you really can’t go home again. I’ve known this fact for some time now…but some days it hits you harder than others. This was one of those trips…but I’m glad I took it. 

I sure have missed those wide open spaces and the wind that blows all the time.


I also managed to remind myself of the fact that I swore I would never move to Nebraska. If you had told me years ago that I would interview in Nebraska, I would have laughed in your face and sent you packing faster than you could click your boot heels. 


But I guess there’s a season for everything.


Then again, maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment