Friday, December 20, 2013

Learning To Live

Sometimes I forget that I am only 24...because many days in soul I feel like I am 768. I also have magical powers. Just kidding. Wanted to make sure I hadn't lost you already ;)

As I sit here in the hospital, it's hard not to watch the many people doing the same thing. Waiting. While they wait, people are reading, watching the news, talking on the phone or like me doing all of the above. It's easy when you are so busy and so tuned in all the time to forget what life is all about.

It's easy, especially during the Holidays, to forget to take a breath and laugh or act a little silly. Silliness is what the Thomas girls have in spades :) and I have no problem telling you to stop being so serious.

 We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.                                                                                   -George Bernard Shaw

So as we get even closer to Christmas, do me a favor. Take a few seconds and laugh with those close to you. Snuggle the pups. Start a food fight. Get covered in flour as you roll out sugar cookies. It doesn't matter.

After all, this is the most wonderful time of the year...but only if you take some time to enjoy it :)


Sorry for the cell phone pic...but you can tell we are NO NORMAL family. What is normal anyway though? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good advice, Mandy!
    I've been thinkin' of y'all and prayin' for you...especially your mom. Hope all goes incredibly well and you get to spend a lot of fun, family time together making holiday memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post (and especially the Shaw quote!) It seems like everyone gets even more serious during the holidays, much to our own detriments. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete